As for big fixing like phone drop in the water and does not work, it will better to replace it it with new one. But thing not always goes as simple as above.
Factors to Consider When Fixing a Smartphone If Replacing Or Repairing Your Smartphone1. Your Phone’s Age
If your phone is not 1–2 year old or has minor screen crack on it. It is suggested to get it fixed by expert technician near you.
And on the other side, if its more than 2 year old or has major issues with screen or any technical issues then you can go with second option of replacing it.
If the mobile phone has been used for a long time, or the price of the mobile phone is relatively low. And the maintenance cost is relatively high, to replace a mobile phone is better. If it is repaired, It’s a waste of money and a waste of time, and it’s not worth it!
2. Warranty or Insurance
Most manufacturers provide a warranty that comes with your smartphone. It's worth checking if you're still covered. If the warranty is still valid, you can get it repaired at no cost in most cases.
When making your decision, keep in mind the time and cost of repair services, in addition to the current value of your broken smartphone. These information can help you make the right decision for your situation.
4. Fixing vs. Replacing Your Smartphone Cost
Fixing: could cost anywhere from $149 to over $500,
Replacing: could cost anywhere from $240 to over $1,000, depending on the model.
When Should You Fix Your Smartphone?
- 1, Perfectly functional - If your phone or tablet is perfectly functional, and your phone is less than three years old. Try picking up a snazzy new case instead, to give your gadget a new look with a much smaller price tag.
- 2. You ran out of storage - Try picking up a larger storage card if there's a slot for one on your device. Or move the stuff you don't use very often onto your computer for safekeeping.
- 3. The screen is cracked - One in 10 people are walking around with cracked smartphones right now. Replacing screens should cost around $100, and you can use the money you saved on something you really need… like a phone case that will your phone from getting cracked again!
Therefore, in this case you can choose the official after-sales maintenance.
How do you know it’s time for a new phone?
1. You literally can't use it - Is your phone so broken that you can't even really use it as a phone? That includes things like a completely busted display — and not just the glass, but the entire screen — or extensive water damage, shattered iPhone front camera lenses, or broken internals that keep it from functioning in even the most basic way.
If so, there may be no way to save it. Buy a new one.
- 2. A Blistered Phone - Many high-end models now have a waterproof function. If you drop it into the water, you will not damage the phone if you take it out in time. But when you find that once the phone is blistered, the phone will not be used.
- 3. Frequent App Crashes - If you can’t upgrade to the latest operating system, your phone is performing slowly, or you experience frequent app crashes, it’s time for a new phone.
At the end of the day, the decision of whether to buy a new smartphone or fix a broken screen is up to you. But in most cases, it makes more sense to repair your current smartphone so you can enjoy it for longer.
These days self-repair or DIY is popular. So long as you can get the parts you need, there are tons of guides everywhere, from Youtube to DIY websites. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully and to the letter, and you could save a ton of time and money.
In most cases, smartphone screen repair makes for a great choice, and we suggest it to everyone debating this decision.
If you have any other doubts or queries, let us know using the comments section. Our team of experts will help you out. You can also post your thoughts and opinions in the comments box.
How to Repair iPhone Water Damage?