Can You Shower With Your iPhone?
According to the International Electrotechnical Commission, with an IP68 water-resistance rating, the iPhone is not protected against high pressure or temperatures. So, Apple recommends that you do not swim, shower, bathe, or play water sports with an iPhone 12.
What to Do If Your iPhone Gets Wet
1. Get the iPhone out of the water as soon as you can and switch it off. Remove any case that is on the phone.
2. Remove the SIM card and tray from iPhone. Dry off the iPhone 12 OLED Screen with a towel or a piece of fabric.
3. Grab a plastic bag, preferably a common zipper storage bag and fill it up with uncooked rice or alternatively, silica-gel packets. Place the iPhone in the plastic bag and make sure the device is fully immersed in the rice.
4. Take out as much air as possible from the bag and zip it up.
5. Let the iPhone remain in the rice for at least 24 hours
6. You can also put the iPhone in front of the fan, letting the cold wind blow directly to the charging port, which may speed up the drying process.
Waiting for the iPhone to completely dry. If you need to charge the iPhone, please wait for 5 hours at least to make sure the iPhone is dry and then you can charge the iPhone.
How to test whether liquid got inside Your iPhone 12？
All iPhone 12 models have a built-in Liquid Contact Indicator (LCI) that will turn from white to red if it comes in contact with liquid. You can find this sticker by opening the SIM card tray below the power button on the side of your iPhone 12.
To open your iPhone 12 SIM Card Tray, use a paperclip or another long, pointy object. Then remove the SIM tray and angle your iPhone under a light. You will see the LCI under a small serial number.
If you see red anywhere inside the SIM port, it means that liquid got inside your iPhone, and it is probably water damaged.
If the sound of the speaker is distorted after falling in the water
Water in the port may degrade the performance of the speaker or microphone. Check if there is water in the microphone or iPhone 12 Ear Speaker.
With the speaker facing down, place the iPhone on a raised cloth to see if there are any drops of water. After the water has completely evaporated, the function will return to normal.
What should be noted in daily use
Be careful not to use an external heat source to dry the iPhone or plug foreign objects in the iPhone 12 Charging Port such as cotton swab or tissue.
Don't take the iPhone with you when taking a bath or go swimming. For example, do not use iPhone in the sauna; do not deliberately immerse your iPhone in the water; do not place your iPhone in high pressure or high-flow rate water like shower, skiing, surfing, etc.